Thursday, November 29, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 13 - Fun and Funky Kitty

Day 13 is Animal Print.  I have to admit that this is not what I was originally planning on doing.

A little over a week ago I had rescued a super cute Great Dane pup and was going to do a mani based on paw prints and his awesome merle pattern.  Sadly he became quite ill a few days after I brought him home and we discovered he had several serious health issues.  We did everything we could but unfortunately his little body was just too compromised and we lost him earlier this week.  I am heartbroken that we couldn't save him.  I will do my originally planned mani at some point, I just can't right now.

Instead I have a fun, funky, bright leopard print.  It's wholly season inappropriate but the bright colors make me happy right now and that is exactly what I need.

For this I did a base of 2 coats of China Glaze Gaga for Green then a light coat of...wait for it...Fairy Dust (man, I love that stuff) because I wanted a little glitz but not too much.  For the inside of the spots I used China Glaze Escaping Reality and outlined them with Liquid Leather.  It's all topped off with a very healthy coat of SV.





6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. And sad about the puppy:( At least you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. It's such a sad. Your mani is lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do to help :(

    At least your nails are really cute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really needed something bright and perky, it amazes me sometimes how much our moods can be influenced by colors.

      Delete