Friday, November 16, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 4 - Green...and My First Needle Marble

Today is green.  I have a fair number of untried greens and in keeping with the push to do some new to me technique I used 2 of my untrieds and did a needle marble.  The needle marbling, while not as irritating and hard for me as water marbling, was harder than I thought it would be.  It didn't quite turn out like how I wanted, there are a couple of spots that are sort of baldish, but overall I like the effect.  If I do this again I will definitely turn off my ceiling fan - I think the airflow contributed to the polishes drying faster than I had wanted.


So, I started with a base of 2 coats of Revlon Posh - a really awesome green.  It reminds me of the color of a well-maintained putting green.  When that was dry I applied a thick swath of it on one side of my nail and another thick swath of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Limestone on the other then swirled them together using a very small dotting tool.

Check out the final result.  Not bad for a first try, I think.



For kicks I'll show you my right hand.  I think the marbling came out better on a couple of fingers.  Please ignore my mutant broken nails.  They make me sad. :(


2 comments:

  1. This is cool, I'm totally going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suck at water marbling in a bad, bad way so I was looking for something that would give me a marbled look, more than saran wrap does, and came across this technique. I like it a lot and am definitely going to try it again.

      Delete