Saturday, November 17, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 5: Blue

I used to never wear blue polish but now I find myself with a great deal of it and am really liking it!  For today's challenge manicure I used 6 polishes, 4 of them untried blues.  Well, technically one is a blue glitter but still...untried. :)


I did a sponge gradient today, only the second one I've ever done and I did it slightly differently than the last time.  The first time around I did it with a dry sponge and this time I dampened the sponge a little before painting the colors on - I think it came out much smoother with the wet sponge.

I started with a base of 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  Man, I love this greyish white.  I really should get myself another bottle just to have it around.  Then on my sponge I painted Nina UltraPro Cobalt, Sally Hansen XTreme Wear Blue Me Away, China Glaze For Audry and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  After that I sponged on a light coat of Orly Shining Star and then did a glitter gradient using Essie Stroke of Brilliance.  Topped it all off with a generous coat of SV and was good to go.

I like how these turned out.  What do you think?  My daughter said they remind her of bubbles in water.




2 comments:

  1. This is cool, you should draw some fish on the tips LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that would have been a good addition. :)

      Delete