Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 3 - Yellow With Flowers and My First Fishtail

Ok, I have even less yellow polish than I do orange so once again today was difficult.  I don't like yellow all that much and wasn't about to run out and buy new polish just for this.  I know, usually any excuse for more polish will do but it seems silly to buy something that I'm just not going to wear.

I had picked up a Sally Hansen Happy Manicure mini set a little while ago which contained a decent yellow so I built this manicure around that.


I started with a base of 2 coats of Lightning which is the yellow shade in the set.  Then on all my fingers except my ring finger I did a double french tip in Fast Fuchia and Lickety-Split Lime.  On my ring finger I did the first fishtail I have ever done.  I used the tutorial at Lucy's Stash as a guide.  Then I decided the other fingers needed something more so I dotted on some simple flowers in Sinful Colors Snow Me White and used the yellow, green and pink for the centers.

Overall I think it came out ok.  It's not a manicure I would normally wear though, at least not in these colors.

Man,  I can't wait for tomorrow.  Green will be sooo much easier for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment