Monday, November 12, 2012

Mother/Daughter Monday Manicures

Even though I technically live in a suburb of the same city my mom lives in I rarely see her due to distance.  It's about 110 miles and just over 2 hours round-trip and with 3 children and a full-time job (usually) it's hard to make the drive out there.  With being unemployed and the kids out of school today I managed to make the drive over and even did her nails!  It was a good excuse to use some of my recently acquired OPI Skyfall polishes.  Man, are those just gorgeous colors!

On mom's hands I did a base of Ulta Professional Inline for the Crown.  I've used this before, many times - it's an awesome gold metallic, great for stamping, great on its own.  I then put down a coat of The Spy Who Loved Me, leaving the half-moons gold.  And because she's awesome and I love her I put on a coat of The Man with the Golden Gun.  This was the first time I've used and can I just say, "Wow!!".  So decadent and pretty.



On my own hands I did essentially the same thing, replacing The Spy Who Loved Me with Live and Let Die.  By the way, this is now my new favorite dark green.



Here's a look at both the our hands together.


And the pretty polish bottles.





4 comments:

  1. I love doing my moms nails too! Hers are longer than mine so I can pull off some decent designs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm happy to just be able to paint inside the lines, so to speak, when I do someone else's. I totally need more practice on hands other than mine. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't help but love these Skyfall colours. You've done a great job with both your nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, this collection is stunning.

      Delete