Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Own Take On Camouflage

A friend of mine suggested that I do camo nails the other day.  I thought it would be fun to do so I started looking at different camo patterns and comparing the color schemes with my polish collection (going through the polishes is not an easy feat, I tell ya).  I eventually decided on a woodland camouflage based on this image:



The colors I used were:

Essie - Miss Fancy Pants
OPI - A-Taupe the Space Needle
OPI - Uh-Oh Roll Down the Windows
OPI - Get in the Espresso Lane
Fingerpaints - Black Expressionism
NYC - Matte Me Crazy

I painted a base coat of Uh-Oh Roll Down the Windows on all my nails then using a small (but not the smallest) dotting tool I started drawing on the pattern.  I began with A-Taupe the Space Needle then moved to Get in the Expresso Lane, added a few blobs of Miss Fancy Pants then did some accent with Black Expressionism.  When all that was done and somewhat dry I covered it with a thin coat of Out the Door topcoat then did a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy.  Honestly the matte made this design - it just didn't look right all shiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment