Saturday, November 10, 2012

Snow in the Valley of the Sun

I grew up in the Northeast US with trees, grass, seasons and snow but now I live in the middle of the desert with very little variation in weather.  I like to say we have 2 seasons here:  summer and not summer.  Anyway, sometimes I really miss the snow so I now have it on my nails.  This was made possible by the awesome haul from Sally and Ulta today, largely courtesy of the best boyfriend in the whole world.  A picutre of that follow as well.

On my nails is a base of 2 coats of Fingerpaints Midnight Sleigh Ride.  This is such an amazing blue.  It's super pigmented (I could have done just a single coat and been fine) and has a tone of lovely micro glitter.  So sparkly! I then stamped with OPI Alpine Snow using Mash plate 47.  Over that I put a light, light coat of Orly Shining Star and topped it all off with Seche Vite.

Here is the Midnight Sleigh Ride on its own.  The first picture is with the flash, second is without.



Here's the mani after stamping but before adding the Shining Star.  You can tell I haven't stamped in a while.

And here's the final product after adding the subtle sparkle from Shining Star:




Aaaand here's the haul:

Did I mention he's amazing?

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!

    I really think you need to re-write your little blurb at the top to say something more like,

    "I recently discovered I dig doing my nails. It's terribly theraputic and it turns out I'm pretty awesome at it! So, here are pictures of my gorgeous manicures."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that is so nice of you to say! Thank you! :)

      Delete