Saturday, December 8, 2012

12 Days of Christmas, Day 4 - Candy Canes

Hello everyone!  I am back after a very, very hectic week and am sooo glad that all seems to be getting back to normal so I can focus on the more fun things in life...like my nails. :)

Today's nails are inspired by the ever yummy candy canes.  I have to admit, though, I prefer the cherry canes to the minty ones but really it's all good.

For today's nails I used a base of 2 coats of China Glaze Glistening Snow - this is so pretty with it's holographic glitters.  One day I will learn to take a blurry photo so I can show that off.  I then did freehand stripes using China Glaze Ruby Pumps for the red and a green glitter from Stripe Rite.  I usually don't do stripes freehand but I just got a huge set of nail art brushes in the mail and wanted to put them to good use.  On my stubby nail (which is growing!) I did stripes in rhinestones.  I picked up a cool tool at Sally Beauty the other day that makes placing rhinestones so, so easy.

I love these nails and they really shine and sparkle in a blinding way in the right light.  I just wish I would have been able to get my camera to pick it up.





Be sure to check out the other bloggers taking part in Iced Lacquer's Challenge!



9 comments:

  1. I didn't notice the accent nail at first but then it just popped! Very well done and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been trying to make my stubbin look purty so it's been getting a lot of hex glitters and rhinestones lately. :)

      Delete
  2. those are very pretty! i really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes with rhinestones! Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! I nominated you for a Leibster award! I think it's a great opportunity to get the word out about your blog. Please check out my post for more information:

    http://prettytoughnails.blogspot.com/2012/12/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rhinestones are fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete