Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas, Day 6 - Snowman

Hello everyone!  It's another challenge day and I had fun doing this one. :D

I have to say I am enjoying having longer nails.  It's still working in miniature but it seems a little easier with a little more length to work with.

So, for today's nails I started with 2 coats of an unnamed Julep shimmery metallic peacock blue that came in a Mystery box.  It drives me nuts that there's not a name on any of the bottles and I don't see one that is a match on the Julep site.  Grrr.  Anyway, it's a pretty blue and applied relatively well.  I didn't really have any issues with streaking or brush strokes showing which is amazing because I usually fail at even basic application with these types of polishes.  Over that I did a light coat of Sinful Colors Opal Glitter, I was hoping this would be kind of snow-like.  Then I did some freehand snow drifts and the head of my snowman using OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (this was recently on clearance at Ulta and I picked up 4 bottles, I love it that much!).  I used a medium striping brush to draw on the hat and filled it in with Fingerpaints Black Expressionism.  Then I used rhinestones for the face detail and some pearl studs on my other nails as falling snow.

What do you think?  I'm pretty happy with them - it's a nice change from my last couple of posts. :D






Be sure to visit the other participating blogs!



2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love how you used real gems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love me some fun and cheap art supplies from Born Pretty.

      Delete