Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Liebster award!

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Thithi over at Pretty Tough Nails!  I'm so excited and honored that someone would take the time to recognize my little blog.  I feel like The Old Man in A Christmas Story - 'It's a major award!'.  Gosh I love that movie.


So, the rules of the Liebster Award are:

  • You have to state 11 random facts about yourself
  • You have to answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • You have to tag 11 new blogs that have less than 200 followers and ask 11 of your own questions

With that being said, here are the 11 random facts about me:
  1. I am a huge beer geek and have been considering blogging about my adventures in beer as well as nails.
  2. I am a huge comic book geek with a collection that numbers in the thousands.
  3. I am a huge video game geek and used to play a certain MMORPG like it was a full-time job (without the pay of a job).
  4. Twin Peaks is my favorite TV show of all time with Buffy the Vampire Slayer a close second.
  5. I love Star Wars (IV, V and VI) but not Star Trek.
  6. I started college when I was 16 and still haven't finished because I still can't decide what I want to be when I grow up.
  7. I have an Autistic son and a son with Asperger's.
  8. I used to play roller derby and even co-founded a league in the city I live in.
  9. I buy action figures...for myself.
  10. I think Carl Sagan was a sexy beast.
  11. I think a virus-induced zombie apocalypse is totally plausible.

Here are my answers to Thithi's questions
  1. What was the last movie you saw?  The last movie I saw in the theatre was 'Skyfall'.
  2. What is your signature cooking dish?  I'd have to say meatballs or lasagna - I had a lovely Italian grandmother who taught me to cook.
  3. Do you speak any other languages?  I can read Spanish, French, Italian and Latin but the only one I can come close to being conversational in is Latin.  Now, programming languages are a different story - I am fluent in many.  Did I mention I'm kind of a geek?
  4. What color is on your nails now?  Uh, I'm in between manicures at the moment and have a number of polishes on my nails trying to decide what to do with what.  I have Cult Nails Coveted on some fingers, Cult Nails Disciplined on some, Orly Angel Eyes on some and Fingerpaints Purple Palette on others.
  5. What is your favorite clothing brand?  Do shoes count?  I'm a sucker for Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo.
  6. Would you rock stiletto nails?  No, not now - maybe when I was younger and full of gothy angst.
  7. What is your favorite book series?  I can't give an all-time favorite, I read too much for that.  But, I'm currently really into The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher and The Hollows series by Kim Harrison.
  8. Where did you vacation last?  Vegas, baby.  It's been years since I've had a real vacation.
  9. What did you buy this week?  I went on an indie polish spree the other night, my form of massive stress relief.  I bought some KBShimmer, Darling Diva Polish, Black Cat Lacquer, Cult Nails and a mini haul from Color Club and China Glaze via Head2ToeBeauty...oh, a some fun stuff from Dollar Nail Art.  I think I may need a 12-step program. ;)
  10. What current trend will you never wear? (clothing or beauty)  Duck feet nails - I just don't get it, especially when it's done to toenails.  Really?  How do you wear shoes?
  11. Did you check out my blog and follow it?  Of course! 

My 11 questions for my nominees:
  1. If you could be any supernatural being what would you be?
  2. Are you a dog or cat person?
  3. What's your favorite nail art technique?
  4. If you were another person would you be friend with you?
  5. What are some of your other hobbies?
  6. What is the last movie that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why?
  7. Do you have secret guilty pleasure music, if so what?
  8. What's one piece of advice you didn't follow but wish you had?
  9. If you could have lunch with anyone living who would it be?
  10. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
  11. What's your favorite childhood book?
Aaannnddd....My 11 nominees:
Thanks again to Thithi for the nomination!

3 comments:

  1. I love Buffy and The Hollow Series too! I can't wait for the next book to come out. Get with Trent already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm reading the most recent collection of short stories now, 'Into the Woods' - sooo good. I love having all the back story. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks!

    http://agingersnail.blogspot.com/p/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete