I decided I was going to try my hand at the 31 Day Challenge, starting today. I likely won't do a prompt each day, every other day or every 3 days seems more reasonable to me. Why am I doing this? Well, I tend to get stuck in a rut with things and I figured this would force me to step out of my comfort zone and do new things (new to me, at least).
Day 1 is Red. I looove reds on nails. I was just going to do a nice and simple red with a flakie top coat as in the picture below. This is 3 coats of Color Club Berry & Bright topped with a thin coat of Color Club Snowflakes. I tried to get a good picture of the holographic nature of Snowflakes but failed. :(
Then I decided that since this is supposed to be a challenge that I should really do something else on top of them. With the flakies and the shiny red I thought it would be a good time to try my hand at the Monarch wing design. I should say that nail art that does not involve stamping, dotting tools or tape really intimidates me and I avoid it. I've never used a striper before, never really have done anything free-hand. But I broke out the StripRite in black and attempted to draw on the wings. To say I'm not happy with the result would be an understatement - to me it is utterly fail. But, I shall post it anyway.
I guess it could have been worse. Hopefully I can come up with something better for Day 2 - Orange.
I love the red and gold! I don't think you're giving yourself quite enough credit
ReplyDeleteThank you. You always say the nicest things. :)
DeleteI think this turned out great!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :D
Delete